Blog post

Modest, Hijab Outfit Lookbook for January 2018!

February 1, 2018

This is the first post like this! A monthly outfit lookbook where I will showcase all the outfits that I have worn throughout the month. Not only that but where I got my pieces and what inspired me to pick out that specific outfit. Without further ado, let’s get started!

December 25th, 2017

This was the first time EVER when I asked my parents if I could do a photoshoot and without even having to discuss for too long, they said yes! We drove to the beach near our home and took some shoots there. The night before, I had took some time to plan out what I wanted to wear and the theme came to me: RED.

I just love the color red and I feel like anyone and everyone can rock the color red. It’s also my mom’s favorite color so red reminds me of her all the time. You already know by now that I’m very chic-street style when it comes to clothes and outfits so that’s exactly how I styled myself that day.

First Outfit

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

Ahh I love this outfit so much. It’s simple BUT expresses so much boldness and chicness. My skirt and jacket are from Zara (my mom and I’s favorite shop to go to as of now). The skirt is patterned lightly and to compliment that pattern, I decided to put on a plain-colored jacket so that the skirt won’t get too overshadowed.

Just a little FYI, the skirt does have a slit (and is shorter than normal-lengthed skirts) on the side that’s not TOO big so I had to wear a pair of leggings to cover that up. The jacket is very oversized and bright so it does take some confidence to where this out; which I can confidently say that I have lots of it.

Second Outfit

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

For this outfit I changed up my skirt and jacket. Skirt is from…you guessed it…Zara. The jacket is a Supreme x Louis Vuitton collaboration and I honestly don’t know where it’s from…My mom got it for me, haha. Also if I wasn’t in the water, I would’ve had my black boots on for this outfit as well!

Oh yes, and I topped off this fun outfit with some black cat ears because why not?

December 26th, 2017

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

A pink outfit! Pink is my favorite color and so, I decided that for my second shoot I would have to embrace that. The skirt is very flowery, girly, and colorful. What I like about it is that the back-color is black which makes the skirt be able to match with lots of different things for the top! I decided to take the girly-punk style for this look.

I still have on the same black boots (that you will be seeing a lot of) and added my favorite black bow to bring back the black color on my pink hijab.

December 27th, 2017

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

My inspiration for this day’s outfit? I just wanted to match with my mom. Seriously. The cape I have on is actually a part of my mom’s outfit but she gave it to me and it became an outfit of its own! Definitely would name this as one of my favorite outfits ever.

I love the cute patches and images on the cape and to emphasize the cape, I put on a light-blue colored overall skirt (which is one of my favorite skirts). And to emphasize my cheerful and playful self, I put on my iconic cat ears and my bus-shaped purse. This outfit, I think, screams chic and confident. I’m all for that.

January 2nd, 2018

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

There’s lots going on, on this outfit but trust me it all fits together. This outfit was solely for my 3 Tools to Stay Organized As a New Blogger post so I apologize that I don’t have full outfit pictures for this. But all that is below my torso is the skirt that is ankle-length and my black boots!

So, jacket and skirt are yet again from Zara and my crop top, that I’m wearing beneath my jacket, is from Forever 21! I think mint is a really pretty color but I barely wear it so, I decided to try it out for this shoot. With the focus on my hijab more than anything, I picked this outfit out simply.

The skirt has a white polkadot pattern and is black on the background. To match the skirt perfectly, a simple, plain colored jacket will do! And I happened to buy the same red jacket from Zara but in white. Everything compliments everything and that’s the key to this outfit.

January 5th, 2018

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

If you don’t follow my Instagram, you probably haven’t seen this outfit. Honestly, this was all for the Instagram since I needed to update it but it came out as an outfit to show! This outfit was kind of me going out of the box since I would never usually wear something like this.

As you can see, it is very casual and laid-back. I have on a light-washed jean skirt, a cropped sweater from Forever 21, and topped it off with a white hijab. And because it is a very simple outfit, I decided to use my milkshake-shaped purse to add some pop to it! As for the shoes, I have on brown (?) colored boots that I am also obsessed with.

January 12th, 2018

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

This is another need-lots-of-confidence outfit that I personally love. For this outfit, many may be confused about what color the hijab should be. The key is…it can really be any color that’s bright. That is the important tip: it must be bright. Dark on dark is not always pleasing so I went for yellow!

I got my skirt awhile back and pretty sure it’s from Zara. I paired the military printed skirt with a cropped, dark green bomber jacket. It’s a fun outfit, I think, and just like every other outfit I use, confidence is the last touch.

January 19th, 2018

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

A simple, one-colored outfit which was for an actual purpose. I wanted to emphasize my new jacket by pairing it with light and dark lilac-colored skirt and hijab. My jacket is from Zara and has really cute detailing on the back which I love since its different from just plain denim jackets. My shoes are shiny/holographic(?) and in different lights, it reflects different colors. And to add more spazz to the outfit, I put on my shiny purple cat ears.

This is definitely a go-to outfit for me since it’s very simple and girly.

January 25th, 2018

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

This was for my first day on our family’s trip to Dubai! My mom bought me this really pretty, shiny skirt and I didn’t have the opportunity to wear it yet. So when I heard we would go on a trip, the first skirt I planned to wear was this one! The jacket is the same one from the previous outfit. See how it can compliment and match with everything? This jacket is my life!

The skirt and jacket are from Zara by the way. I paired this outfit with my favorite black boots and the same color red socks since my boots have an opening to them. And lastly, to add a bit more girly/feminine touch to the outfit, I put on my big bow. I would definitely wear this all day, every day! It screams my style.

January 26th, 2018

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

Another fun outfit that emphasizes the top especially since it’s printed with fun graphics! This was my second day in Dubai when my family and I spent our day in Motiongate. So to dress for the occasion that will involve me having to get on and off different rides, I decided to wear my black-denim skirt that is on the shorter side of skirts. Because with a shorter skirt, I can wear some leggings beneath and still have the freedom to run and do spilts if I really wanted to.

For this outfit, I used my bow again because I just love that thing so much. This outfit is very simple but is very bold at the same time. The skirt is from Zara and the jacket is Gucci!

January 27th, 2018

helloconchita conchita modest fashion hijab muslimah muslim girl

Last outfit and the last outfit for this lookbook! I keep describing each outfit as bold but there’s no other word to describe especially this one. The jacket is from Zara and has this very royal prince look on the front and I love it so much! The jacket could have been paired with any matching color skirt and hijab. I went with dark blue since it kind of matched the navy blue on the hems of the sleeves.

This outfit definitely suited the flower setting in Miracle Garden; like a chic princess going on a day walk. Is that a little weird to say by myself? Nah…So, with that note, which one was your favorite look?

39 Comments

• Joanna

February 1, 2018 at 8:19 pm

Whilst all your photos are beautiful, I think the one with you and your mom is the best. It’s so adorable and you too look so alike and happy together. If you wouldn’t know you would think there are two sisters in the photo and not mother and daughter.

1. helloconchita

February 1, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Haha, thank you so much! This is such a sweet comment, my mom would definitely be happy to read this.

• Evelyn, PathofPresence

February 1, 2018 at 11:55 pm

The colors look stunning on you – particularly the red. Gorgeous! Along with your smile, all is perfect and in harmony <3

• Erica Ardali

February 2, 2018 at 9:45 am

I just love how diverse and colorful your hijabs are. It’s like a walking fashion show. Work it girl!

• javeriah

February 2, 2018 at 5:07 pm

Heyy I wear hijab and it’s so good to see someone wearing hijab and looking so chic! in love with your outfits! x

1. helloconchita

February 2, 2018 at 7:23 pm

Ah, hello! I’m so glad that this could reach someone who wears the hijab too. Thank you so much!

• Farhaj Hussain

February 2, 2018 at 6:49 pm

Love the looks.. Like you totally rock wearing those outfits even with hijab… And must say you are doing things in your way and people are loving that including me…😀

1. helloconchita

February 2, 2018 at 7:24 pm

Thank you so much! Yup. The hijab does not stop anyone from being stylish and fashionable.

• Chloe Lee

February 2, 2018 at 6:58 pm

Wow! Doesn’t know hijab can be very trendy and I think people around the world should take notice.

1. helloconchita

February 2, 2018 at 7:25 pm

Haha. I hope this post helped you and lots of other people see the hijab in another perspective! Because wearing the hijab can actually be very fashionable!

• Amy-Lynn Vautour

February 2, 2018 at 7:05 pm

I love the way you accessorize your hijab – no reason you can’t be trendy and stylish!! Way to rock those cat ears, btw

1. helloconchita

February 2, 2018 at 7:25 pm

Thank you! Very true, the hijab doesn’t stop anyone from expressing their style.

• Stephanie

February 2, 2018 at 7:06 pm

You look amazing! I love your shots, it looks like you’re really having fun! The colors of your outfits are also perfect, I especially love your January 5 outfit 👑 Keep it up!

1. helloconchita

February 2, 2018 at 7:25 pm

Thank you so much!

• Esme Sy

February 2, 2018 at 9:16 pm

I love the color contrasts and the overall style you can achieve! I can definitely learn a lot from your pairings and I like how your boots can go well with anything.

• Preet

February 2, 2018 at 9:26 pm

You look so pretty. All the outfits are so chic and suit you so well. These are some amazing outfit options, I am already getting spring vibes from your looks.

• Alicia

February 2, 2018 at 11:02 pm

Ok – all these outfits are great. But I’m a sucker for denim and that jacket with the lacing up the side is definitely my speed! It’s so casual and fun.

• Cindy

February 3, 2018 at 2:17 am

So many super cute outfits! You have a talent for putting them together. I have to say I’m really digging your purses!

• Elizabeth

February 3, 2018 at 11:50 am

It looks like you had a lot of fun with these photo shoots! Love your outfit on the 12th, so awesome!

• Victoria

February 3, 2018 at 3:13 pm

I love the bright colors hijabs. They all pop and bring out you very well. And That’s your mom on the fourth picture? The two of you are gorgeous. I love that you are staying true to your beliefs in your fashion sense. Keep being you.

• Maria

February 3, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Nice 👍🏻

• Ithfifi

February 3, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Its actually impossible to pick a favourite from the selection, I love the cat ears and that you always have such a lovely pop of colour in each outfit, fahsion guru!!

• Lyosha

February 4, 2018 at 1:00 pm

Great outfits! i love plain one and with bright yellow hijab the most! You look so ladylike. And I LOVE your smile!

• Nati

February 4, 2018 at 7:08 pm

You look absolutely adorable in all these outfits! My favourite is the one with the mint blue hijab, it’s so beautiful!!

• Monique Elise

February 4, 2018 at 7:18 pm

I love these looks and the play on colors! Way to spice it up.

• Tanvi Rastogi

February 4, 2018 at 7:49 pm

I love colors so I LOVE all your outfits. Your smile makes them all brighter.

❥ tanvii.com

• Elizabeth O

February 4, 2018 at 8:08 pm

I love your style. The bright colors look great on you. Your look on the 27th is so classy, and that electric blue suits you so well.

• Liz T

February 4, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Your style is wonderful. I love your combination of ankle length skirts and chunky soles. I really love your Jan 5th outfit, but my favourite photo is the one with your mum. You really are the image of her.

• Elizabeth O

February 4, 2018 at 8:47 pm

I have handbag envy!! They are all so cute. Your outfits are all so bright and colourful, you are rocking it!

• Ellie Plummer

February 4, 2018 at 11:36 pm

I love your style and how vibrant your hijabs are. I think my favourite is the pastel pink.

• Nadia

February 5, 2018 at 7:38 am

Love your photos. I like how you find a way to stand out while conforming to cultural values. The hijab did not stop you from expressing your artistic and chic side.

• Jenny

February 5, 2018 at 8:46 am

I love the colors of your outfits and the kitty headband ears are a nice touch!! You look great in them all. 🙂

• Shubhada Bhide

February 5, 2018 at 3:34 pm

You look beautiful in your different outfits. I do really like your floral skirt and you nailed it. and your hijab looks really good to you.

• Lebogang Xolo

February 5, 2018 at 5:28 pm

You colors give me life. I absolutely love the popping blue and yellow.

• Ana Ojha

February 6, 2018 at 1:27 am

I loved all your outfits girl! You have nailed all the outfits in hijabs and created your signature style!

• Nicole Flint

February 6, 2018 at 6:26 am

I love all of your outfits! Can I borrow that blue skirt?? LOL!

• Fabiola Zefi

February 6, 2018 at 10:30 pm

I love the first and last outfit the best, the orange jacket and all blue look so great on you. Your mom is an absolute beauty, by the way! I love how colourful your outfits are.

• Agnes Vazhure

February 7, 2018 at 6:47 am

I really like your outfits and your hijab. You look gorgeous on it, especially in your pink outfit with a floral skirt.

• kumamonjeng

February 8, 2018 at 4:54 pm

I love this fun outfit too much and the shoes, just awesome cool boot! The jacket with tiger print is also one of my favorite. I hope to get something like that!